Confetti Shrimp Toast With Bean Basil Pâté
1 slice of Oroweat Healthy Multigrain bread
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 1/4 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3 ounces small raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail-off), patted dry
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
Pinch of salted seafood seasoning (to taste)
2 Tablespoons matchstick carrots
2 Tablespoons matchstick seedless cucumber (do not peel)
1 teaspoon slivered fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- Prepare Bean Basil Pâté by placing ingredients in a food processor/blender and puréeing until smooth.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper and then set aside.
- For Sandwich, combine lime juice and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add olive oil when hot.
- Place shrimp and pepper flakes in skillet and lightly sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Sauté until shrimp are slightly browned and color changes to pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in lime juice/honey mixture, tossing shrimp to coat.
- Fold in carrots and cucumber.
- Place Healthy Multigrain bread in toaster until browned and crisped.
- Spread toast with 3 Tablespoons of the bean pâté and place on serving plate.
- Arrange shrimp mixture over bean pâté and sprinkle with slivered basil and lime zest.
- Note: Cover and refrigerate remaining bean pâté and use for future sandwiches or as a dip for veggies or toasts/crackers.
ESTA RECETA ESTA HECHA CON